If you’re an AtLAS Silver (gym included) member you should have already had a personal email from the Bodytalk Gym committee / Pro Fitness with similar details.
We’re very pleased to announce we have received the approval from BT’s Chief Medical Officer (CMO) to reopen the Bodytalk Gym, following an agreed phased plan:
- Phase One – All Adastral Park employees will be able to access the site to use the gym from Monday 7 September 2020. Note: To work in an office on site you still require your Line Manager approval.
- Phase Two – All other BodyTalk Gym members (Friends & Family and retired) will be able to access Adastral Park and begin using the Gym in due course – hopefully within a month, but this is dependent on the success of Phase One.
As you’d expect, things are going to be different when you return to the Gym. In brief:
- You’ll need to book a timeslot to work out:
- Register on the AtLAS Booking website, if you’re not already registered (atlasleisure.sportsoft.co.uk).
- There’ll be:
- No access without a booking
- Maximum of 20 slots per session
- Phased opening times
- Your Membership Payments:
- We’ll be restarting Silver (gym) member monthly payments; this will allow you to use the AtLAS Booking website.
- If you’re not coming back to site/won’t be visiting the Gym just yet, please reply to the email we sent you confirming you want your monthly payments to stay suspended for now.
- There’ll be no more cash payments in the Gym. There will be an option to pay by (contactless) credit/debit card instead.
- There are new Gym rules/procedures – to keep everyone safe (‘COVID-19 secure’). You must comply with these. There’ll be:
- Gym inductions/instructions on the new procedures.
- No changing and shower facilities at the Gym for now.
- No sweat towels allowed; but please bring a water bottle.
- You’ll need clean the equipment before and after use (there’ll be cleaning stations around the gym for this).
- One-way systems and social distancing in place.
Further details are in this document. Please read it carefully.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the Gym. Please be respectful and patient with the Gym team, who are there to help and guide everyone to follow the rules and procedures, so the Gym can reopen and stay open safely.
Other AtLAS facilities at Adastral Park remain closed for now. We are working closely with BT’s CMO and Health & Safety, to hopefully be able to open at least some of the facilities shortly.