We’re a friendly sailing club based on the East Coast of England, near Ipswich (in Suffolk). Our location offers a superb variety of sailing in the sheltered rivers and estuaries of the Suffolk and Essex coastlines at the same time allowing ready access to the open sea beyond Felixstowe for passages to other areas of the UK and Europe.
Sailing Club Website – www.adastralsailing.org.uk
- The club aims to promote sailing activities and a community around it.
- Our club owns four dinghies and our yacht Carina.
- Practical training sessions are held throughout the season. Our programme is aligned with RYA with many members obtaining RYA practical qualifications on the club yacht.
- Other training – we arrange training over the winter such as VHF, First Aid, Navigation, Chart work and Astro Navigation.
- As well as training a great variety of sailing (on both our dinghies and yacht) is arranged each year. These include racing, rallies and social sails as well as offering private hires to qualified skippers.
- The yacht also undertakes summer cruises which over the years have taken us from the Baltic to the Scilly Isles.
- Linking up with other club and association we also have access to Broads sailing, Mediterranean cruises and classic yachts.
- Social Events – We hold a number of social events which allow us to share our sailing tales and experiences.
- Secure storage for dinghies is also available for hire.
- Our members are expected to contribute to the club organisation running and vessel maintenance to help us keep our costs low.
New members are always welcome. The club is open to anyone with an Adastral Park connection* irrespective of sailing experience, although all members must to be over 18. You can join the club at a level or area that suites you; be you a complete beginner to an existing vessel owner.
* = broadly speaking, anyone currently working for (or in some circumstances retired from) an Adastral Park company, plus nominated family and friends.
There are three types of membership.
- Yacht members (~£150pa ) can skipper, train or crew on Carina as well as use the dinghies.
- Dinghy members (~£56pa *) can helm, train or crew on our four dinghies
- Owner members (~£15pa *) will have their own boats and join in with club events such as races and rallies.
The club is fortunate in having a local boat hut and storage yard for owner’s boats. Full prices correct 2015, excluding £24 AtLAS membership required.
What it costs
The club does not aim to make a profit and we operate in a way to keep costs down. So this allows access to some socialable sailing at rates much lower than commercial rates. For example a evenings training £17, a weekend day private hire £25/£65 (dinghy/yacht), a place on the summer cruise £160.
If all this sounds good we love to hear from you. Contact us via the contact form on our website.