We’re a friendly sailing club based on the east coast of England near to lovely sheltered rivers and estuaries of the Suffolk and Essex coastlines. With several dinghies and a yacht, we offer a superb variety of sailing including passages beyond Felixstowe to other areas of the UK and across to Europe.
Sailing Club Website – www.adastralsailing.org.uk
- Our club aims to promote sailing activities and a community around it.
- Our club owns five dinghies and our yacht, Carina.
- Practical training sessions for the yacht and dinghies are held throughout the season. Our training programme is aligned with RYA with many members obtaining RYA practical qualifications on our yacht.
- Additional yacht training is arranged over the winter and includes VHF radio, First Aid, Navigation, Chart work and Astro-Navigation.
- A great variety of sailing (both dinghies and yacht) is arranged throughout the season, including races, rallies and social sails. In addition, private boat hires by qualified helms/skippers enables independent sailing at any time.
- We also organise summer yacht cruises, which over the years have taken us from the Baltic Sea to the Scilly Isles.
- Through our links with another Suffolk club, we also have access to sailing on the Broads, Mediterranean cruises and sailing classic yachts.
- Non-sailing social events are arranged, where members share their tales and experiences over a meal and a drink.
- Secure storage for dinghies is also available for hire.
- Our members are expected to help with club organisation and boat maintenance, which keeps our costs low.
New members are always welcome irrespective of sailing experience.
The club is open to all but members must to be over 18.
Those with an Adastral Park connection such as anyone currently working for (or in some circumstances retired from) an Adastral Park company, plus nominated family and friends may join as Full Members. Others without this connection may join as Associate Members. Both classes of membership have the same full access to club facilities and can participate in all our social events and activities.
You can join the club either for dinghy sailing or yacht sailing or both. Those with their own boat can join as an ‘Owner’ member.
- Yacht members (£175pa *) can skipper, train or crew on our yacht, Carina, as well as use the dinghies.
- Dinghy members (£65pa *) can helm, train or crew on any of our five dinghies
- Owner members (£17.25pa *) have their own boats and may join in club events such as races and rallies. The club is fortunate in having a local boat hut and storage yard for owner’s boats.
* Full prices correct 2019, excluding £24 AtLAS membership if required.
What it costs
The club does not aim to make a profit and we operate in such a way as to keep costs down. This allows a variety of sailing at a cost much lower than commercial rates. Examples for dinghies are an evening’s training £19; a whole day’s private hire £13-£24.50 depending on dinghy. Similarly for yachts, an evening’s training is £22.50; a weekend day sailing is £102; and a place on the summer cruise £186.
If all this sounds good and you’d like to know more, we’d love to hear from you. Contact us via our website.