The UK and EU laws on collecting, storing and using personal data changed on 25 May 2018, headlined as ‘GDPR’ – the General Data Protection Regulations. We’ve always followed good practice, however we now have be more formal and rigorous about how we collect and use your personal data.
IMPORTANT: We do not and will not share your personal data with third-party businesses or organisations for marketing.
If you’re an AtLAS member:
- most of your personal data we hold was collected when you joined AtLAS. We need it to administer your membership. In GDPR-speak we’re holding it on a ‘legitimate interest’ basis, which means we won’t be able to run your membership effectively without it. If you object to us holding it we may not be able to continue your membership.
- however we need your active ‘consent’ (opt-in) to continue to send you discretionary ‘marketing’ information. e.g. for offers like Cineworld Vouchers and other event/offer emails. If you don’t opt-in, we will only send you basic adminstration information about AtLAS, such as AGM Notices or about your membership – no offers or opportunities.
- We sent AtLAS Members an email in May 2018 (and a further reminder) asking them let us know their personal data preference. If you selected the ‘opt-out’ (of marketing emails) option/link or did not respond to those emails you will will only receive administration emails from AtLAS. If you want to ‘opt-in’ to marketing please tell us via our Contact Form (select FAO ‘Data Privacy’ option).
- Please note – although you need to Register separately for this website, your same overall personal data preference will apply.
If you’re not an AtLAS member (e.g. if you’ve registered with this website for offers open to non-members):
- You need to tick the ‘opt-in’ field when you Register, to receive details of future offers and events open to non-members. Otherwise, as with AtLAS members above, we’ll just hold and use your details for administration.
- If you’ve already registered, you can change your ‘opt-in’ preference for this website on your Profile Page – when you’re logged-in.
We’ve produced a Privacy Notice. It explains in detail:
- What personal data we may collect from you;
- How/where we collect it;
- What we use it for;
- About marketing, disclosure, international transfer and how long we keep your personal data for and;
- Your rights in relation to the personal data we hold on you.
Our personal data policy may evolve. If so the Privacy Notice will change accordingly. We’ll notify you of any significant changes.
AtLAS Affiliated and Associated clubs and societies are separate organisations, with their own officers and constitutions. They will be complying with the new laws individually.