AtLAS is the organisation representing leisure and sport activities at Adastral Park.
By grouping together all the clubs and societies
- we’re able to work with BT and other organisations on their behalf.
- and manage a number of Adastral Park facilities.
- Originally formed as the Research Social Club (RSC), when the Post Office Research Station was at Dollis Hill, Neasden, London.
- When Post Office Research moved to Martlesham Heath (during the earlier part of the 1970s), the name was changed to Research Sports and Social Club (RSSC).
- When the Post Office split and the telecommunications part became BT in the early 1980s, the name changed again to BT Research Sports and Social Club (BTRSSC).
- When BT rebranded the Martlesham Heath site as Adastral Park and opened it to other companies in 1999, the name changed to Adastral Park Leisure and Sports (AtLAS). Membership was expanded to include all Adastral Park based company employees.
AtLAS is run by a voluntary Executive Committee:
Chairman – Carl Chittock
Vice Chairman – Ian Read
Treasurer – Julian Gant
You can contact us via Our Contact/Feedback page – select who you want to contact from the ‘FAO’ list.
Our Administrator is Darren Barnes.
You can contact Darren by
- Our Contact/Feedback page – select AtLAS Administrator from the ‘FAO’ list
- Phone (message) – leave a message with your phone number on 0121 230 7391; Darren will get back to you as soon as possible._
Note: Annex listing AtLAS Clubs, Societies, etc. will be revised from time to time.
Affiliated clubs & societies must:
- Include the mandatory clauses in this (downloadable) document in their Constitution;
Mandatory clauses for AtLAS Affiliated Clubs & Societies Constitutions (January 2017)
- Submit an annual return to AtLAS that includes the following;
- AGM minutes
- annual financial statements
- annual risk assessment
- proof of insurance cover for its activities, with evidence of adequate cover for public, personal injury and any other relevant liabilities (especially related to activities using Adastral Park facilities)
- a register of Club members.
- a statement confirming compliance with applicable UK data protection, regarding the processing and storage of personal data.
Minutes (with Annual Accounts included) for the last five years are below:
The AtLAS organisation/financial year runs from 1 April to 31 March. The autumn AGM reviews the past year. e.g. the 2017 AGM reviewed the 1 April 2016 to 31 March 2017 year.